Other Courses and Programs
Center on Social Innovation and Finance
Other Courses and Programs
- Holloway Competition: Social Venture Track. The Whittemore School of Business and Economics introduced a social venture track to its Paul J. Holloway Prize Innovation-to-Market Competition in 2012 – and a social venture, the Sensible Spreader System, won the competition’s top award.
- Discovery Program: Social Innovation Cluster. Descriptive “clusters” help students explore their interests when looking for courses that satisfy Discovery requirements. One of four inaugural clusters to be launched in Fall 2012, the Social Innovation cluster comprises both “social enterprise/entrepreneurship” (at the level of a specific organization) and also the broader political, cultural, and environmental contexts within which market-based approaches to solving social problems can occur.
- Sustainability Academy. The Sustainability Academy expands and integrates UNH’s sustainability leadership across curriculum, operations, research, and engagement (CORE).
- Center for International Education. The Center for International Education administers the International Affairs dual major, which includes special interdisciplinary courses, foreign language proficiency, and study abroad, and prepares graduates for a wide range of careers in international health, government, business, education, development, and law. It also hosts the study abroad program and the New Hampshire International Seminar lecture series.
- UNH Student Organizations. Many mission-driven student organizations are interested in learning about market-based approaches and cross-sector collaboration in their field – or are themselves examples of social enterprise. These include the Student Environmental Action Coalition (SEAC), Oxfam UNH, and Trash to Treasure.
- In addition the Discovery Program’s Social
Innovation cluster, these courses are geared towards students interested in
social enterprise and social innovation:
- ECON 698 – Microfinance
- ADMN 898 – MBA Elective on Social Enterprise.
- DPP 960 – Social Enterprise for development
E-mail us to add to this list.
See also the Master of Arts in Community Development Policy and Practice.
- About Us
- Policy and Research Areas
- Carsey Initiatives
- Carsey Research
- Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- About the Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- Professional Programs
- Undergraduate Resources
- Applied Research
- Upcoming Events
- Carsey Social Innovator of the Year Award
- Community and Environment in Rural America
- Master of Arts in Development Policy and Practice
- NH Listens
- Stonyfield Entrepreneurship Institute
- Sustainable Microenterprise and Development Program
- 2013 Webinar Series
- New Hampshire - June 2013
- Tanzania - November 2013
- Ghana - March 2014
- Togo - March/April 2014
- Making the Road - Blog
- Tracking Changes in the North Country
- Carsey on Campus