Other Courses and Programs
Center on Social Innovation and Finance
Other Courses and Programs
- New Hampshire Social Business and Microfinance Forum: The University of New Hampshire welcomed Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Laureate and pioneer of the microfinance industry, to campus on Septmber 30th, 2013, as the keynote speaker for the statewide New Hampshire Social Business and Microfinance Forum and the 2013 Social Business Innovation Challenge for New Hampshire college students and entrepreneurs.
- Social Business Innovation Challenge: The Social Business Innovation Challenge invites individuals and teams from across the state of New Hampshire to identify pressing social and/or environmental issues at the state, national or global level, and then propose an innovative business-oriented approaches to solving them. See the winning teams from 2013 here.
- Holloway Competition: Social Venture Track: The Paul College of Business and Economics offers a social venture track in its Paul J. Holloway Prize Innovation-to-Market Competition.
- Sustainability Institute: The Sustainability Institute expands and integrates UNH’s sustainability leadership across curriculum, operations, research, and engagement (CORE).
- Center for International Education: The Center for International Education administers the International Affairs dual major and hosts the study abroad program and the New Hampshire International Seminar lecture series.
- UNH Student Organizations: Many mission-driven student organizations are interested in learning about market-based approaches and cross-sector collaboration in their field – or are themselves examples of social enterprise. These include the Student Environmental Action Coalition (SEAC), Oxfam UNH, and Trash to Treasure.
- These courses are geared towards students interested in
social enterprise and social innovation:
- ECON 698 – Microfinance
- ECON 698.A01 - Social Economy
- ADMN 898 – MBA Elective on Social Enterprise.
- DPP 960 – Social Enterprise for development
E-mail us to add to this list.
See also the Master of Arts in Community Development Policy and Practice.
- About Us
- Policy and Research Areas
- Carsey Initiatives
- Carsey Research
- Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- About the Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- Professional Programs
- Undergraduate Resources
- Applied Research
- Upcoming Events
- Carsey Social Innovator of the Year Award
- Certificate in Community Development Finance
- Community and Environment in Rural America
- Master of Arts in Community Development Policy and Practice
- NH Listens
- Stonyfield Entrepreneurship Institute
- Sustainable Microenterprise and Development Program
- Tracking Changes in the North Country
- Carsey on Campus