Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Carsey Institute?
The Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire is a public policy and applied research organization that conducts policy research on vulnerable children, youth, and families and on sustainable community development. We give policy makers and practitioners the timely, independent resources and programs they need to effect change in their communities.
What can the Carsey Institute do for me?
We have a variety of audiences. Who are you?
- I am a government official looking for timely research on vulnerable families and community economic development.
- I am a researcher or professor looking for applied research in my field.
- I am a journalist looking for an expert.
- I am a UNH faculty member looking to engage with the Carsey Institute.
- I am a UNH student interested in applying for an internship.
- I recently attended a presentation by a Carsey reseacher and am looking for the presentation.
- I am a community development professional in need of additional career training.
How is the institute funded?
The institute was established in May 2002 from a generous gift from alumna and noted television producer Marcy Carsey. The institute has received support from the Annie E. Casey, Ford, Kellogg, and New Hampshire Charitable Foundations, Jane’s Trust, and the New Hampshire Endowment for Health among many others. See a partial list of supporters here.
Are you hiring?
Click here to learn about opportunities to work at the Carsey Institute.
How does Carsey support faculty and students?
The Carsey Institute builds upon existing faculty and center strengths to increase research activity and identify opportunities for collaboration across colleges and disciplines. The institute mentors and provides support for faculty conducting research in the social and health sciences, including coordinating the work of UNH centers focusing on social and health issues. Learn more here.
I can't find the publication I'm looking for online.
Please contact the communications coordinator at email@example.com or (603) 862-0365.
I need help with a specific research question. Whom do I contact?
Please contact deputy director Curt Grimm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 862-3788.
- About Us
- Policy and Research Areas
- Carsey Initiatives
- Carsey Research
- Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- About the Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- Professional Programs
- Undergraduate Resources
- Applied Research
- Upcoming Events
- Carsey Social Innovator of the Year Award
- Community and Environment in Rural America
- Master of Arts in Development Policy and Practice
- NH Listens
- Stonyfield Entrepreneurship Institute
- Sustainable Microenterprise and Development Program
- 2013 Webinar Series
- New Hampshire - June 2013
- Tanzania - November 2013
- Ghana - March 2014
- Togo - March/April 2014
- Making the Road - Blog
- Tracking Changes in the North Country
- Carsey on Campus