Social and Economic Indicators
The Carsey Institute develops interactive websites providing access to socioeconomic indicators from across the nation. Our goal is to create accessible indicator websites to encourage policy makers, community development practitioners, researchers, and the general public to gain a better understanding of rural issues. Informative and interactive, the indicator sites allow users to search on specific, rural-relevant indicators of well-being, as well as create tables and maps of predetermined indicators.
Carsey’s Socioeconomic Indicators of North Country site provides information to help understand and guide the changes taking place in northern New Hampshire and adjacent counties in Vermont and Maine, as leaders in the region endeavor to move from managing decline to building a sustainable future that attracts and retains young people.
Carsey’s Northern New England Indicators site provides information on thirty-one indicators at the state and county level for New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont.
- About Us
- Policy and Research Areas
- Carsey Initiatives
- Carsey Research
- Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- About the Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- Professional Programs
- Undergraduate Resources
- Applied Research
- Upcoming Events
- Carsey Social Innovator of the Year Award
- Certificate in Community Development Finance
- Community and Environment in Rural America
- Master of Arts in Community Development Policy and Practice
- NH Listens
- Stonyfield Entrepreneurship Institute
- Sustainable Microenterprise and Development Program
- Tracking Changes in the North Country
- Carsey on Campus