SMDP Ghana 2014
Phone: (603) 862-0764
Fax: (603) 862-3878
The Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire
73 Main Street
Durham, NH 03824
SMDP Ghana 2014
March 10 through March 21
The SMDP Ghana is an intensive training program offering critical skills for African microfinance and enterprise development leaders. We have significantly revised the 2013 SMDP Ghana curriculum, adding entirely new course tracks and important new features to existing courses. Please read the course descriptions carefully before choosing which courses you want to enroll in. We have changed venues this year and the SMDP Ghana will be offered at the Sunlodge Hotel [link http://www.sunlodgehotel.com/ ] which is in the Sunlodge Hotel in the Tesano district of Accra, just a 20 minute drive from the Kotoka International Airport and convenient to the Central Business District of Accra - Makola.
Confirmed 2014 Courses
- Microfinance Management Principles and Practices (begins with online Principles of Microfinance Pre-course)—Multiple facilitators
- Risk Management for Microfinance Institutions—Ernest Senyo Dzandu
- Credit Risk and Delinquency Management—Ernest Senyo Dzandu
- Managing for Sustainability: Monitoring the Performance of Microfinance Institutions (begins with online ‘A Financial Refresher’ pre-course)—Kadry Furany
- Balanced Performance Management for Microfinance Institutions—Boubacar Diallo
- Savings Groups—Programme Design and Implementation—Hugh Allen
- Savings Groups—Management Information Systems (begins with online Orientation Session)—Hugh Allen
- Practical Skills for Agricultural Value Chain Financing—Richard Pelrine
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION TUITION DISCOUNT 15% - APPLY AND MAKE FULL PAYMENT BY:
JANUARY 17, 2014
- REGULAR REGISTRATION - FULL PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY:
FEBRUARY 21, 2014
Why You Should Register for the SMDP Ghana 2014
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCED FACULTY—The SMDP Ghana faculty are among the best practitioners/ trainers in the field today.
- NETWORKING WITH PEERS FROM ALL OVER AFRICA AND BEYOND—SMDP Ghana participants are the leaders of microfinance institutions, bank regulators, donors, and other change makers from west, east, southern Africa, and other continents.
- MOST RELEVANT CURRICULUM—The 2014 curriculum responds to current issues, challenges, and innovation in the development finance field.
- FIELD VISITS—We will visit savings groups, Financial NGOS, Susu collectors, and more.
- NEW VENUE—The SMDP 2014 will be held at the Sunlodge Hotel in the Tesano District of Accra.
- DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE—Early bird and multiple participant registration discounts are available.
- MASTERCARD FOUNDATION MICROFINANCE SCHOLARS PROGRAM—If you are eligible, you may receive a full tuition and room and board scholarship to attend.
- SUBSIDY FOR GHANA MFI MEMBERS OF ASSOCIATIONS AFFILIATED WITH GHAMFIN – See the special Registration and Payment page for more details.
Sponsored by the Carsey Institute/University of New Hampshire and Ghana Microfinance Institutions Network (GHAMFIN)
Ghana Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning
- About Us
- Policy and Research Areas
- Carsey Initiatives
- Carsey Research
- Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- About the Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- Professional Programs
- Undergraduate Resources
- Applied Research
- Upcoming Events
- Carsey Social Innovator of the Year Award
- Certificate in Community Development Finance
- Community and Environment in Rural America
- Master of Arts in Community Development Policy and Practice
- NH Listens
- Stonyfield Entrepreneurship Institute
- Sustainable Microenterprise and Development Program
- Tracking Changes in the North Country
- Carsey on Campus